Ikea Storage Box Makeover



Hello! Lisa here! (Sarah's assistant for those of you who don't know me!) I'm taking over the blog today to share a super quick and easy DIY with you because lets face it, sometimes you want to make something pretty but don't have a few hours to spare.

We have a bazillion (totally a word right!?) Ikea storage boxes in the office so I decided to give one a makeover and thought I would share the results with you. Both me and Sarah are loving anything gold at the moment so it was only right to give the gold marker pen a shake and give the box the Midas touch!

All you need is:

Ikea "Kassett" storage box(s)
Gold marker pen
Black marker pen
Ruler (optional, I went for messier freehand lines in the end)


1) Colour over all the silver hardware with a gold marker and allow to dry.



2) Using a ruler or freehand, draw on some stripes in black marker pen. Polka dots would also look great! 


Continue drawing stripes around the entire box (or just on the front if you want to be super lazy!) and you're done!


I love how versatile these boxes are to decorate and the gold finishes it off perfectly! I'm thinking something neon needs to happen with one next time...


I hope this might have inspired you to get creative on a box or two! If you have a go at customising one, we'd love to see it! You can tweet a photo to @scaryhurley or post on Instagram using the hashtag #sarahhurley.

Lisa :-)

2 comments:

  1. Cute Lisa, only a few more to do then! I'd like to see a spotty version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Lisa, some cat faces and whiskers would look fab xx

    ReplyDelete