PaperCraft Inspirations Daffodil Cards





Today I'm sharing a set of cards and a  cute little basket that you may have seen recently in Papercraft Inspirations. My brief was to create something cheery and springlike with a focus on large 3D daffodils (eek!) Luckily Sizzix came to my rescue with their fabulous Daffodil die (you can find it here on the Sizzix UK website) here's what I came up with...
I used Distress Inks to create a cloud effect background, which I used on to the background and behind the windows (another Sizzix die) the grassy borders are cut by hand and the butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch.
The white flowers are a Sizzix die I have used a lot, I'm not a fan of big flowers but these tiny ones they quite recently started to bring out are just fabulous! I use Pinflair glue to assemble and add a touch of Stickles to the centres to hide any glue squidge (technical term!) and add a touch of sparkle.
I used an embossing tool to add texture to the petals before assembling and I actually cut down the centres by about half as they were a little bit *too* 3D for me and I wanted them to look more like the daffodils that grow in the forest near my home, they have smaller centres and bigger petals that the ones shown on the Sizzix packaging - the centres I feathered slightly with scissors to soften the look. The sentiments stamps used throughout are my own set available on my website)
The the bricks on this card were created from the discarded window panels from this die (I cut the arched top off of this one to create a square window)
I also used the embossing tool to add texture to the window frame...
I created a fancy easel card from two square card blanks for this card and added a flap to the top for the window - the sky background paper is also matted inside the window with the daffodils around the outside and on the stand up front panel. You can find step by step instructions for creating this card base here on the Papercraft Inspirations blog!
I needed a 3D project to finish this set off and immediately thought of this easter basket (the template can be found inside the magazine - it's still available as a back issue or to download on your iPad)
This could be used in an easter egg hunt, filled with mini eggs or treats as a gift or even as a table centrepiece!

I had lots of fun putting this set together, I hope you like it!

Thank you for dropping by today
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment